Kaspersky is the best Antivirus and Internet Security software for home or business. The world's fastest antivirus updates. View Profile
Norton provides the best Antivirus security software for your PC, Mac, and mobile devices. Get Norton software and enjoy a peace of mind when you surf online. View Profile
Protect your PC from virus, spam, spyware, and malware. McAfee provides the latest antivirus software, spyware removal and internet security for your home or home office. View Profile
AVG is award-winning antivirus software. Protect your devices from viruses, malware, and spying. Surf, shop, bank, download, and email safely. View Profile
Avira is Award-winning free antivirus protection for PC & Mac, Secures your devices against malware and spyware, Resource light with speed up tools for Windows included. View Profile
Quick Heal India provides the best computer security software to protect your PC, Mac, Mobile, Tablet & other devices. View Profile
NPAV - Antivirus, Net Protector for Home PC and use your PC for connecting to various devices safely. Your PC will remain protected from latest new virus sources, spywares, malwares & warms. View Profile
Panda Security is the best antivirus program for all your devices. Protect your computer, tablet, smartphone and Mac against all types of viruses, malware and spyware. View Profile
Comodo, the leading Internet Security Provider offers Free Antivirus, SSL Certificate and other Internet Security related products with complete protection View Profile
Bitdefender - Protect your devices from all e-threats and blocks malicious links or e-threats you receive from your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or any other social network. It is a powerful, Intuitive and Ultrafast Antivirus Software and it also supports Window, Mac, and Android. View Profile
K7 Antivirus Software offers Flexi License scheme to customize 60 months license period. This Antivirus system can use both of Home User and Business User. It support multi-user, multi-device family pack for all PCs, Android mobiles and Tablets at home. View Profile
TrustPort is affordable and effective Cyber Security Antivirus software. That Advanced protection against modern threats - antivirus and antimalware, intrusion detection systems and intelligent network monitoring and network behavior analysis. View Profile
ZoneAlarm to protect their PCs and mobile devices with powerful antivirus software, firewall and additional virus protection solutions. An Internet security tools are designed with people’s cyber safety in mind, providing virus protection that encompasses spyware, malware, hackers, botnets, phishing websites, and other cyber attacks. View Profile
Have you ever heard of words like trojans, worms, adware etc.? If you ever use internet on your mobile or laptop, you definitely need to understand these terms. These are malicious software that damage your computer or laptop, and sometimes irreparably. These viruses and malicious software can enter your computer, laptop or mobile, when connected with the internet.
So what’s the way of stopping them? Well, the ultimate solution is installing any good anti-virus software. These Anti-virus software are basically a set of programs designed to detect, remove, search and prevent viruses and malicious attacks. Traditionally, their function was limited to provide protection against viruses, but now they have transcended this boundary to expand their functionality. Now, they can even protect your system from BHOs (Browser Help Objects), keyloggers, backdoors, fraudtools, backdoors, spyware etc.
Antivirus softwares do access scanning, which means that the files we open are scanned by the Antivirus software from the back-end. The end result is real time protection from the malicious attacks and threats.
So, now the question arises, how does the antivirus software identify the malware? Well, for this they depend on virus definitions or malware definitions. These definitions contain the viruses and malwares signatures, and these signatures get continually updated with any new development. The antivirus software go in search of those definitions that are classified as wild, and when they find it while scanning any file or application, it terminates its execution and quarantines it. How the malware is processed, depends on the type of antivirus software you use.
So, which methods are basically used by these softwares to get rid of the viruses? Primarily, there are only two techniques to detect any virus:
- Finding virus with the help of existing virus definitions.
- Searching for any behavior which might indicate infection.
Most of the antivirus software use one of these five ways to detect the virus:
- Behavioral detection based antivirus: As the name suggests, this mechanism of malware detection identifies the malware only when the malware performs any action. During the execution, the antivirus based on this detection technology concentrates more on detecting the characteristics of malware when it is executed.
- Signature detection based antivirus: It can be labeled as Traditional antivirus. It checks the executable files for both known and unknown viruses. Such a type of antivirus software scans the executable (.EXE) files. When such file matches with the known list of viruses, it terminates their execution. Even if executable files have unknown viruses, these software observes for any misbehavior shown by these files, and then take steps accordingly.
- Sandbox detection: This type of detection method creates a virtual environment around any application when it is executed. This is done to detect in advance the characteristics of the malware, if there is any.
- Heuristic detection based antivirus: Most commonly, it is not used alone. It is used in combination with signature-based detection. What is unique about this detection way is that, even in the absence of the latest virus definitions, it can detect any new or an altered form of a malware.
- Data mining detection: It is newest trend of detecting malware. It detects the malicious nature of any file with a set of program features.
You will find a wide array of antivirus softwares in the market and you can be fooled by the people, if you do not remain aware about the types and brands of antivirus softwares. As antivirus programs are becoming a basic necessity, it’s important to understand every aspect of it. Let us discuss the types of antivirus softwares available in the market. These Antivirus softwares are classified according to the needs of the user.
- Malware Protection Antivirus: This type of antivirus software very ably detects both the spyware and the malware. It is important to understand that these spywares and malwares instead of targeting the PC files like other viruses, monitors the users activity and steals their data, be it personal or financial. So, if you want to save yourself from any type of monitoring, you need this type of software for sure. These types of Antivirus softwares need regular updates.
- Stand-Alone Security Antivirus: These are the basic type of antivirus softwares. For their functioning, they are based on virus ‘signatures’. They regularly scan the full computer and match it with the available signatures. Some of these types of software provide ‘real-time protection’ also, which means that it monitors the activities related to internet also. It alerts the user about the threat detected and asks for the future action to be performed on it. Thus, the control remains in the hands of the user.
- Security Suites: These types of antivirus softwares combine the feature of the above two and provide one more additional feature i.e. packages of firewall. Overall, it combines firewall, malware and antivirus protection in a single package. Firewalls basically follow pre-designed set of rules to provide network security. It is sure that individual firewall, malware and antivirus softwares are bothersome. The complete package of them in the form of security suites is apt for any average user.
- Fake Antivirus Software: These types of softwares need to be avoided than used. They are called fake, because at the face they promise protection, but at the back they play with our computer protection. If you are a regular internet user, you must have encountered a situation when you get an alert that the security of your computer has been compromised somehow. When you get uneasy by this message, you get another message that you can get rid of the threats by using some program. But when you unknowingly use the program, a fake antivirus sometimes gets installed on your computer, which infects the computer with its associated virus and damages your system.
This is just bait, never get allured by such messages. Avoid any ‘shareware’ or ‘freeware’. The security suites and the antivirus programs are the only robust security options to protect your computer.
Cost of any antivirus software differs according to the features and type of protection it provides. If you are thinking for a security suite, obviously its pricing will be high, as it provides overall protection. Fake Antivirus softwares come for free and damage your computer.
Pricing of the Antivirus software also depends on the lifecycle of the protection and the no. of PC/Laptop it protects. For e.g. some antivirus softwares protects one PC for 1 year only (Eset NOD32 Antivirus Version 9 2016), and the other protects 1 PC for 3 years (Quick Heal Antivirus Pro). Some softwares can protect 3 PCs for a year (e.g. Kaspersky AntiVirus 2016 3 PC 1 year) and some protect 5 PCs for a year (e.g. K7 Internet Security Version Free 5 PC-1 year). So, the choice depends on the necessities and requirements of the user.
When we say, 1 year of protection or 3 years of protection, it means that the antivirus software that we are installing will update itself with the new virus definitions and signatures up to a specific period to provide full security from the latest threats. After the expiry of that time limit, user will again have to purchase or upgrade the anti-virus by giving a definite cost, or otherwise the software will stop protecting your system.
A normal, less than heavy system and internet user have ample choices of brands of antivirus software programs in the market to choose from. As defined above, you just need to be clear about what exactly you want from your antivirus and then choose. The above defined types and features of the antivirus programs must have helped you to make your choice. In Indian market, these antivirus softwares are available in the range of Rs. 200 to Rs. 5000. Just compare the prices of different softwares having the features you expect in them and then make a sound decision.
When it comes to PCs and laptops, people are well aware about the fact that there can be virus attacks that can degrade efficient working of the machine. But the scenario is completely different when people get into mobile phone business. The only reason for this followed trend can be the stable performance that most of the android supported mobile phones offer to their users. Ever wondered why is it not so prominent to have a separate antivirus package that needs to be downloaded, installed and maintained out of the basic package, in contrast to computers. The functions available in a mobile phone is not any less than that of computers. It is then a logical question, “why don't we need antivirus for android”. The most interesting answer which we get from technical experts is that “WE NEED ANTIVIRUS (AV) SUPPORT FOR ANDROID MOBILES ALSO AND WE HAVE IT NORMALLY IN INBUILT FORMAT “. Therefore, the clear cut answer then is, android provides antivirus supports along with its operating system. If not like a sole separate software package, but along with the built in apps, so that we really do not recall and experience the gap of a separate antivirus attachment.
Now a days, Virus is used more commonly to describe everything that can affect the proper working of the computer machine. The creepy connecting links and super frequent advertisement pop ups are sure to turn down the spirit of the user. Target sites stuffed with immoral traffic were also reported to have virus contents .The new generation definition broadly covers each and every things that can badly affect the end users. For the same reason itself, the range of antivirus software packages also need to be improved.
All time surfers can easily relate to the bitter experiences that they encounter when trying to get in to certain sites, which may look safe in its link and outer presentations. The inbuilt security back up offered by Google and Android are JUST ENOUGH TO SAFEGUARD THE BASIC UTILITIES INTENDED FOR A MOBILE. The thing is that mobile phones are not used for their basic utilities. They are used for high end functions .When their range of action increases, it is advisable to have a separate antivirus package for android mobile phones as well. To describe the basic security services offered by Google in Android versions, we have Google play service, which are filtered at the input level itself. Also, open source and code reviewing facilities are constantly updated from one version to another so that any upcoming threats can be controlled over updates.
Those High end users who cannot withstand any discomforts and inefficiencies from their machines, the antivirus protection from android may not be sufficient. For them, there are separate packages and facilities that provide free antivirus for android mobiles. Such application combinations are available in the stores that combine the inbuilt android security systems along with the categorized services offered by the external application themselves. These services may include warning signs for the sites that are not advisable for visiting, child protection services, warning about the type of traffic that one may undergo while surfing. Also , the best antivirus for phones provide systems to clean out all the junk programs already existing inside the memory, so that they help to improve the processing speed and the overall efficiency of the machine system.
The malware application may not itself be the virus. Instead, there are cases where the application manipulates the host phone .It creates easier pathways for the virus to get in the phone. Therefore, a triggered check for mobile phones can be brought about only by separate antivirus packages.
To conclude, Android is the most followed system by clients all over the world. For the same reason, it is their responsibility to provide better protection as well. They have provided flawless justice to that, for the normal end users. But for high end users, what they expect is not just security from highly potential malware systems, but a wholesale multifaceted quality improvement and client assistance system for elevated comfort levels, which mere android fails to provide. The top service providers like avast, mcafee, etc have their mobile support systems for free as well as paid versions. If it can bring about comfort for free, then why not use it.
When somebody decides to have antivirus software installed on the computer, the next dilemma that he/she faces is whether to go for free antivirus version or the paid one? Nobody wants to pay, if one can get the same thing for free. So, we need to understand what the basic difference between the two is and which one’s better. Get expert help to select best antivirus software with reviews, comparison, price quotes & more.
As regards the cost there exist four levels of antivirus products: free, paid, suites and premium. As we move from free to premium the features of antivirus just doubles. Free versions provide only a bare minimum protection. But an average user like it, as it meets his/her needs for free. A paid version of antivirus just swings in between the free and the premium products. But when compared with their free counterparts, we just get disheartened by just a few additional features in the paid version. But if you see closely, you will find that paid versions are much better than the free ones. The reasons being:
- Free products lack technical support. User has to fend for himself.
- You are forced to see a lot of ads while using the free antivirus software, as their revenue depends on these ads only.
- Free versions do not get much frequently updated of the virus signatures and definitions as the paid ones.
It’s better to go for a paid version, if you want to save yourself from a mess. But, if you have made up your mind to use a free version of the antivirus, let us suggest the best one for you. Avast Free Antivirus is what we suggest to use, if you go for a free version. The reason being, its user community gives it a strong malware-detection score as compared with others. Additionally, it has low system drag and good design. Avira AntiVir Personal comes as the second choice.
As regards the paid version, Norton Antivirus leads the heard with its efficiency in detecting malware, better user interface and in having comprehensive features like file-reputation analysis, system performance analysis and cloud-based scanning. BitDefender comes at the second choice which is closely followed by McAfee, Kaspersky and Avira.
Our intent for giving so much information was to help you to take an informed decision while purchasing any Antivirus software. At the end what is important is to keep your browser, operating system and your applications virus free and up-to-date, so that you can work smoothly while saving your system from any harm whatsoever.